What are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are transparent, removable trays designed to deliver progressive tooth alignment as each new tray is worn. “Invisalign” is just one brand name from among 20 manufacturers of clear aligners. The generic term aligners describes these appliances just as “facial tissues” are comparable to “Kleenex.”
Pros to Clear Aligners:
- Clear Aligners are one cosmetic way to straighten your teeth without braces
- Clear Aligners uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets
- Clear Aligners can be removed to eat and brush your teeth, which allows for easy cleaning
- Clear Aligners has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Do Clear Aligners Work?
- You’ll wear each set of aligners for about 2-4 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the their final position
- You’ll visit us about once every 4-6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 24 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 – 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Are there any disadvantages to clear aligners?
- Because clear aligners can be removed, patient cooperation is of utmost importance! If the aligners are not worn, the teeth will not straighten.
- Some severe orthodontic issues cannot be corrected by clear aligners alone.